- B.A., Wellesley College (Cognitive Science and Economics)
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Women Lawyers
- Legal Writing Institute
- Successfully defended private University in catastrophic personal injury case
- Represented insurance carrier in coverage action involving multi-million dollar underlying copyright infringement suit
- Represented employee in suit to recover unpaid commissions and to challenge classification as independent contractor
- Prosecuted premises liability action against country club
- Defended restaurant in wage and hour class action
- Defended roofing contractor against insurance company’s subrogation action
- Prosecuted elder abuse case against caretakers
- Represented insurance carrier in fraudulent rescission action
Mary Mock graduated from the University of Michigan Law School. In law school, she served as the Co-Chair of Student Funded Fellowships, which raised money to fund non-profit legal summer internships. During law school, Mary also interned with the Department of Justice and a boutique intellectual property litigation firm. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Wellesley College in Cognitive Science, with a minor in Economics.
Until she opened her own practice, Mary worked at firms in Southern and Northern California. Mary has worked in industries ranging from government to technology, representing myriad clients, including public agencies, universities, insurance companies, traditional businesses and start-up enterprises. She is also associated with the Montage Legal Group of freelance attorneys based in Orange County, California.
Before studying law, Mary lived in Boston, where she pursued her interest in cognitive science by conducting research in neurology labs at Brigham & Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Mary is now based in the Bay Area.